Drive Oregon is a small, energetic nonprofit organization founded in 2010 to accelerate the growth of the electric and “smart” mobility industry and promote greater adoption of these technologies. Our continued growth has created the need for two new Program Associate positions to support a federally funded electric vehicle education and promotion campaign in Oregon and Washington.
Program Associates will staff a showroom in downtown Portland designed to educate consumers about electric vehicles, charging options, and clean transportation; will support projects and marketing campaigns designed to reach specific key markets in a focused way; and will help build and strengthen Drive Oregon. Exact responsibilities will be divided between the two successful candidates based on their experience and backgrounds.
We seek candidates who are focused, organized, enthusiastic about electric transportation, and comfortable working with diverse consumers and organizational partners. Electric vehicle experience is a plus, but not necessary. Drive Oregon remains a small, dynamic organization; the successful candidates will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
Description of Duties
Consumer Engagement (~60%)
The Program Associate helps consumers better understand their electric mobility options and their advantages. In addition to engaging with general consumers, the Program Associate manages marketing efforts targeting specific key demographics and using defined strategies including:
The Northwest Electric Vehicle Showcase
· Staff an electric vehicle showroom in downtown Portland
· General office duties, reception, answering phones and customer service
· Ensure cleanliness of workspace and showcase
Electric Vehicle Ride & Drive Events
· Assist with coordinating test drives and vehicle rentals
· Follow up with customer requests and inquiries
Outreach to Consumers and Fleets
· Collect and analyze data on the reach and effectiveness of engagement efforts; adjust strategies as necessary
· Provide customers with rebate program information
· Maintain working knowledge of electric vehicle models and charging options
· Participate in team meetings and training
Project Coordination (~30%)
Working closely with the Program Director, the Program Associate will assist in demonstration and pilot projects that advance electric mobility.
· Provides both support and coordination as well as independent work for ongoing and special assignments
· Assist in “EV Ambassador” volunteer program
· Manage demonstration projects placing electric vehicles in car sharing and transportation network fleets
· Participate in projects that place electric vehicles in underserved communities
Fundraising and Organizational Management (~10%)
The Program Associate works with other staff to cultivate funding support from electric utilities, government agencies, and other sources. Drive Oregon operates with a small staff, so the Program Associate must be flexible and prepared to assist where needed.
· Cultivate potential sources of financial support, meet with potential funders, and draft proposals and progress reports
· Assist in the financial and administrative coordination of the showcase
· Support other Drive Oregon projects and activities, including monthly events and annual conference
· Other responsibilities as required
· Minimum one year of experience in sales, marketing, customer service or related field; demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
· A passion for clean technology and alternative transportation
· Strong attention to detail, well organized and the ability to manage responsibilities independently
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to stand for extended periods
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record; willingness and ability to travel
· Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with event set up
· A good sense of humor
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Working knowledge of the electric vehicle field, or related fields such as sustainable energy or clean transportation
· Existing relationships with relevant stakeholders in the region
· Experience working in a non-profit with a mission-driven staff and board
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects, meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
· Experience with key markets such as traditionally underserved communities, fleet managers, or electric utilities
Starting wage will be $15-17 per hour. A minimum of 20 hours per week is guaranteed, which may increase based on seasonality, available funding, candidate interest, and staffing needs. Benefits at full time include fully employer paid health insurance, a 3% employer contribution to a 401K plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation, sick and personal days, and a friendly and supportive office environment. Benefits are pro-rated for part time employees. We also provide access to an electric vehicle for business use.
We will review applications as they are received. To ensure full consideration, please apply no later than March 27 (5 PM PT). To apply, submit your résumé and cover letter.
All applicants will receive notification via email when a final decision has been made. We are small – so please, no phone calls.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Drive Oregon is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Drive Oregon is an equal opportunity employer.
Drive Oregon provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law. Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.